Winegard Company Offering Latest Generation of Digital to Analog Converter Boxes
LOUISVILLE, KY – (December 2, 2008) – In preparation for the analog-to-digital television switch in February 2009, Winegard is leading the RV satellite television industry with the introduction of the newest-generation in digital to analog converter boxes. The new RCDT09A builds on all the great features of its predecessor, the RC-DT09, but adds an analog pass-through feature.
Analog pass-through is beneficial to RVers in two ways: It’s easier to install; and it allows consumers to watch programming from lower-band broadcast stations that will still be transmitting analog signals after the Digital Transition. These low-band broadcast stations are not required to switch to digital signal, and any converter box models that don’t have the analog pass-through will NOT be able to receive these low-band analog signals.
The RCDT09A simply plugs into an existing analog television set and a Winegard over-the-air antenna, enabling consumers to receive local DTV stations for free, with no monthly programming fees.
“We’re very pleased to introduce this latest-generation converter box to the RV market,” said Aaron Engberg, director of Winegard’s mobile products division. “We’re striving to make the analog to digital conversion as easy as possible for the RV nation, and the new RCDT09A will do just that. Aside from its easy installation, purchasing the new converter is far more economical than purchasing a new digital television.”
The new RCDT09A comes with two helpful accessories:
• RC-BP9V – Backup 9V Battery Pack powers the RCDT09A for millions of customers who use analog battery-powered televisions. Requires 6 standard alkaline “D” cell batteries (not included).
• RC-12DC – 12 volt accessory plug for the RCDT09A
The RCDT09A is eligible for the federal government’s $40 coupon program that can be used toward the purchase of certified DTV converter boxes.
Visit www.DTV2009.gov for more information, or call 1-888-DTV-2009
In addition, Winegard is partnering with Camping World to provide free RV television evaluations at all nationwide Camping World retail stores. These evaluations consist of a technician walking through your coach to determine what products, if any, you’ll need to purchase to be ready for the 2009 transition. With a government coupon, the RCDT09A can be purchased at Camping World for $19.99 or installed at a low package price of $39.99. For more information, visit www.CampingWorld.com/winegard2009 or call 1-888-622-6264.
Winegard Company has been manufacturing quality television and radio reception products for more than 50 years. Headquartered in Burlington, Iowa, Winegard enjoys a worldwide reputation that is based on many industry “firsts,” including the all-channel “Yagi” TV antenna, 82-channel antenna, antenna mounted preamplifiers, antenna amplifiers, the anodizing process, perforated aluminum satellite antenna and the RV television antenna, among others.
Winegard Company currently manufactures and markets four distinct product lines:
• Mobile Television Reception Products: Recreational vehicle, truck, marine, and automotive applications. Digital and HD satellite TV antennas ranging from manual crank-up models to fully automatic stationary and in-motion systems with GPS/DVB. DTV and HDTV bi-directional and omni-directional over-the-air antennas. Ground Antenna Mounts and Accessories.
• Satellite TV Antennas and Mounts: Residential antennas ranging in size from 46 cm to 1 meter, including mounts and accessories.
• Over-the-Air DTV/HDTV Antennas: DTV and HDTV VHF/UHF/FM TV Antenna Systems, Distribution and Preamplifiers, Power Supplies and Accessories.
• Telemetry: Medical and Data Antenna Systems, Distribution Amplifiers, Power Supplies and Accessories.
For technical product questions, contact
Winegard Customer Service at 800-288-8094 or visit www.winegard.com;
for additional downloadable press releases and images, visit Winegard's
online pressroom, www.editorpressroom.com/winegard.